Sunday 25 October 2015

What is Chia?


You may have come across these little seeds at the supermarket or in articles on the web. But what are they? What is Chia?

Only recently known to the mass market but these seeds have been around for thousands of years! Salvia Hispanica was cultivated by the ancient Aztecs of the 16th century.

Recently they have become widely available and popular among healthy lifestyle addicts (like us) as their nutritional value is immense. Packed with B vitamins as well as minerals such as Calcium & Magnesium to name a few, they seem to have the whole package.

I can't lie, the first time Alex & I tried to make a Chia pudding - it didn't go quite as planned. This was a while back, with little reference and without reading any articles or recipes we simply put some seeds in soya milk. Yep. Rookie error. We learnt from our mistake that proportions and timing are both key. Now I'm making a come back with all of the knowledge I've gained. Here is my recipe for my perfect Chia breakfast pudding. It's super easy to follow, so I'm sure you won't have any problems!

Ingredients:
Chia seeds
Banana
Goji berries
Cashew nuts/ Almonds /Nuts of choice
Milk of choice (Almond/Soya/Coconut)
Vanilla extract

The proportions: 1/2 a cup of Chia seeds to 2 cups of e.g. Almond milk


Method:
-Put 1/2 a cup of Chia seeds in a bowl. 
-Add 2 cups of Almond/Coconut/Soya Milk (whichever you prefer) to the bowl.
-Add a teaspoon of Vanilla extract.
-Mix it all up and place in the fridge overnight so it's ready for your breaky (minimum 8 hours)!
-Add the toppings - here you can add whatever satisifies your taste buds. I love the combination of Goji berries with Banna hence those are my go to ingredients.

The taste of Chia is definitely something that takes getting used to. I love trying new things so I was up for the challenge, are you?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chat Blanc

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig