Tuesday 10 November 2015

A taste of Dulwich, London



Usually when I am in London I tend to stick to central. I guess because I am not there all the time, I enjoy that constant buzz. However is that the REAL London? I wanted to explore this notion, so this time round I decided to venture in a different direction- more precisely, the South, Dulwich.

There is no denying that London is like a hub made up of many different "mini towns" which is great because that's what fuels it's incomparable diversity, however it can make you stick to one area and not venture outside of it. I guess that usually tends to happen to me..not this time round though! I wanted to live the life of a real Londoner and hence I ended up in Dulwich. An area of London, previously a part of Kent that definitely carries some of it's flavours. 

I have to say I really liked the area with its green fields, hills and friendly local cafes & shops. It has it all. I even found a really adorable small book shop on the highstreet and didn't want to leave it. It's those small bespoke community stores and restaurants that really draw me into places like Dulwich. In a sense it didn't feel like I was in London but at the same time I was only a 20 minute tube ride away from the "touristy" London known to us all. 

Hence, next time when you're in London you need to step out of your comfort "district" whether it's Shoreditch or South Ken and venture out, it's definitely worth it.

Here's some snaps from the day..











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chat Blanc

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig